Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS)
- abnormal blood vessels in the shared placenta cause umbilical cord fusion
- Depending on the number, type and direction of the connecting vessels, blood can be transfused disproportionately from one twin (the donor) to the other twin (the recipient).
- affects identical twin pregnancies
- The common placenta may be shared unequally by the twins
- one twin may have a share too small to provide the necessary nutrients to grow normally or even survive.
Treatment and management:
- surgical interventiaon