Kleine-Levin Syndrome or KLS (also known as Sleeping Beauty Syndrome)
a neurological disorder characterized by recurring periods of excessive amounts of sleeping and eating.
- Hypersomnia, patients may spend 18 hours a day asleep.
- altered mental state during the episode.
- difficult to arouse from this sleep
- aggressive when prevented from sleeping.
- Cognitive impairment
- Amnesia for the event
- Delusions or experience a dream-like state
- changes in eating behavior during episodes, exhibiting megaphagia little discrimination in consumption of excessive amounts of food.
life-long, acute and chronic episodes